Family Care Network decided early in the COVID-19 crisis to perform routine testing on all staff as a precautionary measure. This process recently identified 2 positive cases of COVID.
We are taking all necessary precautions to protect the health of our patients and staff and ensure that our clinics continue to be a safe place to access care.
Affected staff are currently under self-quarantine. We are working closely with the county health departments and following CDC protocols to identify close contacts, using establish contact tracing protocols. Based on our investigation, we believe the risk to patients is very low. However, if it is determined a patient has been exposed while in an FCN facility, they will be notified. We are also following stringent cleaning and disinfection protocols in work areas.
“First and foremost, we hope for a quick and complete recovery for our staff and anyone close to them who may be affected,” said Rodney Anderson, MD, CEO of Family Care Network. “As healthcare providers, we understand the risks we take caring for our patients, especially during a pandemic. We’ve been very fortunate that so few of our staff have contracted COVID, in large part because of their commitment to the stringent safety protocols we put in place early on.”
Family Care Network reacted quickly and decisively when COVID-19 arrived in our communities to implement important measures to reduce potential exposure among our patients and staff:
- All patients are required to wear a mask in clinics to reduce potential exposure to others.
- All staff wear masks at work, follow social distancing guidelines whenever possible, and use personal protective equipment when interacting with patients.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized multiple times a day (in the clinic, waiting room, and exam rooms).
- We began offering office visits via telemedicine.
- When care is provided in person, patients with possible COVID symptoms are evaluated in their car, time in the waiting room is kept to a minimum for all patients, and lab draws are by appointment to help meet social distancing guidelines.
We are proud of the dedication and strength showed by our staff during this challenging time. We look forward to a time when COVID-19 is no longer impacting our lives so much. In the meantime, we are here for you as your trusted healthcare partners.