We formed Family Care Network to provide the best possible primary healthcare for families in our communities, and to give our physicians the resources and support they need to succeed. As a locally owned and independently operated healthcare network, we're free to focus on what matters most—the health and well being of you and your family.
Services we offer:
- Primary healthcare for all stages of life, from pregnancy through adult care (including well-child and adolescent care and adult exams).
- Onsite lab services in most of our clinics.
- Urgent care services in Bellingham, Lynden and Mount Vernon, with onsite lab and x-ray. Open Monday-Friday, 1pm-9pm and Saturday-Sunday, 9am-5pm.
- Specialized medical testing to screen for health issues and diagnose disease, such as bone density scans, Holter monitors, nuclear medicine, treadmill tests and body fat analysis.
- Accident and injury rehabilitation, including sports-related injuries in our Sports Medicine clinic.
- Obstetrics and family planning.
- Outpatient procedures performed in the comfort and familiar surroundings of our office, including flexible sigmoidoscopy, colposcopy, cryotherapy, EKG, respiratory treatments, emergency repair of wounds, application of casts and splints, and removal of warts, moles, cysts, and ingrown nails.
- Inpatient hospital care by an FCN physician at St. Joseph Medical Center and Island Hospital.
What is family medicine?
Family Medicine is the "people" specialty that focuses on your primary medical care. We form relationships with you and your family to help you stay well, screen for problems, and treat illness and injury. Most health concerns that people consult physicians about can be effectively managed by a family-care team who comes to know you over time.
Although one physician will be your primary family doctor, we work closely together as a team to offer you greater availability and a broader spectrum of medical knowledge than a single physician can provide. We recognize that each person has responsibility for his or her own health, and our goal is to partner with you to help you meet that responsibility. When proper medical care requires consultation with other specialists, we consider it our responsibility to aid you in that decision and to support the process with timely information and collaboration.