Family Care Network needs personal protective equipment. We are seeking donated supplies from medical/dental facilities that are closed, school labs, individuals, etc.
Donations can be dropped off from 8am to noon at our Bellingham Administration Office at 709 W. Orchard Drive, Suite 4 or call (360) 318-8800, ext. 1209 to make an appointment during other business hours.
- Lab coats or gowns
- Face masks
- Face shields
- Non-latex nitrile gloves
- Hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol)
- Disinfecting wipes
For those who would like to sew and donate masks, please use the following YouTube video as a guide for FCN's preference: www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RWII2-5_4.
- Tight woven cotton, two layers
- Pocket to insert a replaceable filter
- Not shown in this video, but easy to add: Bendable wire sewn into the top seam to create best seal around nose (example: floral wire, plastic coated bread tie, etc – must be able to survive laundering 20-30 times)
- Fasteners to hold mask in place can be made from elastic straps for ears, as shown in the video. If no elastic available, strips of cloth bias or strong washable ribbon can be sewn to all four corners.
Please pre-shrink fabric prior to fabrication of the mask. Also, please ensure masks are washed prior to dropping off.
Thank you so much for any help you can provide!